Local Resource based Employment Generation
Aaagas is grass root voluntary organisation working in Central Himalayan Region . We are working for livelihood promotion and biodiversity conservation .
The Alaknanda Ghaati Shilpi Federation ( Aagaas Federation) – Aagaas Federation , is a community based voluntary non-profit making organization formed in 2002 to work towards the socio economic development of rural mountain communities in Uttarakhand and registered in 2004 under the Societies Registration Act, XXI , 1860. Registered under Income tax act- 12 ( A) and 80 ( G).
The organization is affiliated to Earth Charter International, Earth Charter youth Group and SAYEN Asia. It was honored with a Recognition Award by World Bank in Washington D.C. in 2005 and Won Second Prize in Sitaram Rao Case study Competition organized by Access India in 2013-14 .
To be a leading NGO, spearheading activities for the holistic and sustainable development of the rural communities of Uttarakhand, by promoting the rich heritage of the Himalayas, while at the same time protecting her fragile eco system
To contribute to the economic development of the people of Uttarakhand, through various employment generation initiatives which optimize the available natural resources and skills, keeping in mind the environment sustainability of the Central Himalayan region.
The main objectives of AAGAAS are :
1. To promote various environmentally sustainable initiatives focusing on natural resource conservation and recycle for long term growth and sustainability.
2. Undertake activities for the protection of bio-diversity of the mountain region.
3. To promote the various crafts existing in rural and urban areas of the Central Himalayan region of Uttarakhand, and work for the economic upliftment of craftpersons , women folk and youths of the region.
4. Facilitate technology transfer in areas related to agriculture, horticulture, biotechnology interventions and promotion of local crafts.
5. Support rural marketing and sales through various measures such as establishment of display centers, marketing tie-ups etc
6. Provide training for capacity building and skill upgradation in various areas to improve economic independence.
Chamoli,Dehradun, Rudraprayag, Pithoragarh, Uttarkashi ,Tehri, Pouri, Bageshwar