About the Organization: Two decades together with community, UDYAMA (www.udyama.org) facilitates Local Action & Global networking towards resilient development. Little evidence based initiatives have been reflected at ground and engaging partner NGOs in flood & drought prone areas and carved out good gain knowledge of Resilience & Adaptation Process. Learning–Linking-Livelihoods are the core areas that has scaled and replicated in urban, coastal, rural, tribal hinter lands. Founded in 1997 UDYAMA primarily aims towards strengthening and building capacities of local communities towards rejuvenating human, ecological, economical capital & well-being improvement with a view to changing the culture of Self-Reliance & Resilience in blending with time honored & improved technology transformation with well articulated development communication incorporating inclusion, innovations to address next development challenges with a broader objective :
- To link to the broader view of Poverty & poverty alleviation that goes beyond just income
- Highlight the crucial role of ‘local context’ and how this influences the asset base,
- Give space to local perspectives - categorize the strategies that make up their livelihoods.
- Build on what exists - integrated perspective that unites the concepts of economic development,
- Facilitate Risk informed Development & Catalyze Agents of Change ,
- Cultivating commitments for insulating solutions community resilience