Holistic Nutritional Support to under privileged children suffering from cancer
Please donate online on the website.
Holistic Nutritional Support to under privileged children fighting Cancer is provided through the following programs-
• Assessing a child’s malnourishment level based on his/her medical condition and indices prescribed by WHO
• Post assessment a diet plan is created specific to the child's level of malnourishment
• Aid the children with nutritional supplements (like threptin, pediasure etc), in meal supplements (like banana, egg etc), hot meals and monthly ration/grain baskets (which provide food items to feed a family of 4 for 1 month)
• Monitor progress and alter food intake based on it.
Progress is monitored through an app used by the nutritionists where patient's parameters are updated on a regular basis.
• Care giver program- Includes Parent Support Group Meetings as well as Special Days (such as for Diwali, Children's Day, Christmas etc) conducted for the children at the Hospital. The mothers/ caregivers are explained importance of nutrition and hygiene. They are also taught how to make nutritious food using simple ingredients.
Over 50,000 children are diagnosed with cancer every year in India. 8 out of 10 children who are malnourished, lose the fight to cancer. An alarming statistic given that Childhood Cancer is largely curable the world over.
When they are well-nourished, children are able to tolerate treatment and experience reduced side-effects to chemotherapy. This makes them more likely to complete their treatment and get better sooner.
An impact study at India’s largest cancer hospital, Tata Memorial Centre, found that the treatment dropout rates among children reduced by 86% after planned nutrition became a part of cancer treatment. Food Heals!
Cuddles Foundation works with 33 government and charity cancer hospitals across 21 cities in India conducting over 1.8 lakh counsels a year, so that children can defeat cancer and go on to lead happy, healthy lives.
We provide children with - trained clinical pediatric nutritionists, expert dietary counsels, nutritional supplements, in-meals, fresh hot meals, monthly ration (grain) baskets and caregiver support.