What is it?
Giving is always a personal experience, but sharing the joy of giving helps inspire others to do the same. #MyGivingStoryIndia is a challenge run as part of #GivingTuesdayIndia, where participants write in with their personal stories of giving and receiving gifts of kindness and generosity. Dedicate your story for a cause by nominating an NGO of your choice. Once published on the website, people can vote for their favourite stories.
This is an opportunity to inspire others by sharing a profound story that changed your life as a giver/ change-maker or as a recipient or even as someone who watched an incident or act of giving.
You can also win donations prizes of upto Rs.100,000 for your nominated NGOs.
Every story can win donations prizes!
1. Prizes of Rupee 1 per vote for the first 50,000 votes. To qualify, your story should get at least 500 votes.
2. Story getting the highest votes will receive a donation worth of Rs10,000 subject to a minimum of 5000 votes.
3. Top 30 stories will be sent to a jury to pick the 3 best stories as per international criteria.
First Prize worth Rs15,000
Second Prize worth Rs10,000
Third Prize worth Rs5,000
Story tellers and their nominated NGOs will get recognition through our portal and social media channels.
Who can participate?
All citizens of India - regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, caste or religious beliefs - are eligible to enter.
How to participate?
The challenge will be open from October 2 - December 3. Entries can be made at any point during this period through registering and submitting a completed #MyGivingStoryIndia form (see below). After submitting your story, SHARE it on social media, and through WhatsApp. Invite everyone you know to vote. Be sure to use the hashtags #GivingTuesdayIndia and #MyGivingStoryIndia. The more you share, the more votes your story will get, and the more likely you'll win a donation for your nominated NGO.
You can also submit stories on your Facebook or Instagram account with hashtags #GivingTuesdayIndia and #MyGivingStoryIndia. Likes will be counted as votes. To be eligible to win prizes, you would need to meet all criteria applicable to stories submitted through this portal and you need to send the facebook/ instagram link to your story by email along with your nominated NGO name/ cause to firstname.lastname@example.org
All published stories will be shared on our social media handles. Winners will be announced on a Tuesday by March 2020.
Rules for submission:
- Alternatively, it is also possible to submit stories as videos, which should be no longer than 2 minutes.
- It is only possible to nominate one NGO per story.
- Nominated NGOs must have their 12A tax exemption registration, 80G registration and should have filed their tax returns (ITR FY 2017-18/ FY 2018-19) to be eligible to receive the donation.
- If you wish to search for NGOs serving a cause of your choice, click here.
- Stories posted are not required to be about or related to nominated NGOs.
- Stories can be posted in any Indian language. (We may contact you if we need it to be translated into English.)
- Abusive content will not be tolerated. #GivingTuesday India reserves the right to withdraw published stories at its own discretion.
- Stories that are in the form of donation appeal will not qualify for any donation prize.
- Adherence to instructions is one of the key criteria.
- The entry (written/video/image) should be original unpublished work.
- GivingTuesdayIndia reserves the right to modify rules or create new rules at any point without prior notice in the interest of the objectives of the challenge.
- GivingTuesdayIndia will have the right to use submitted stories to use for charitable purposes.
Please click here
to refer the steps to submit your story, share your story and ask for votes