What is it?
Giving is always a personal experience, but sharing the joy of giving helps inspire others to do the same. It also gives visibility to the NGO or recipient of your generosity. #MyGivingStoryIndia is a challenge run as part of #GivingTuesdayIndia, where participants write in with their personal stories of giving and nominate an NGO of their choice. Once published on the website, people can vote for their favourite stories, and the ones with the most votes stand a chance for their nominated NGO to receive a donation. Also, thirty top entries will be submitted to a jury for selection based on based on originality, creativity, relevance and quality. Additionally, finalists will also be submitted to the global #MyGivingStory competition, for a further chance at global visibility and a larger donation for the selected NGO. (Terms & conditions apply)
Who can enter?
All residents of India - regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, caste or religious beliefs - are eligible to enter.
How to participate?
The challenge will be open from 15 September - 31 October. Entries can be made at any point during this period through registering and submitting a completed #MyGivingStoryIndia form (see below). After submitting your story, SHARE it on social media, and through WhatsApp. Invite everyone you know to vote. Be sure to use the hashtag #MyGivingStoryIndia. The more you share, the more votes your story will get, and the more likely you'll win a donation for your nominated NGO. All published stories will be shared on GTI’s social media handles. Winners will be announced on a Tuesday in November.
Rules for submission:
- Alternatively, it is also possible to submit stories as videos, which should be no longer than 2 minutes.
- It is only possible to nominate one NGO per story.
- Nominated NGOs must have their 12A tax exemption registration, 80G registration and should have filed their tax returns (ITR FY 2016-17/ FY 2017-18) to be eligible to receive the donation.
- It is also possible to nominate any of the GuideStar India certified/registered NGOs listed on this site. Search here.
- Stories posted are not required to be about or related to nominated NGOs.
- Stories can be posted in any Indian language. (We may contact you if we need it to be translated into English.)
- Abusive content will not be tolerated. GivingTuesday India reserves the right to withdraw published stories at its own discretion.
- The entry (written/video/image) should be original unpublished work.