Adult stem cell donation | #GivingTuesdayIndia

Adult stem cell donation

Donation Purpose Title: 
To serve Indian patients suffering from blood cancer and Thalassemia.
Description: 

Every year over 120,000 Indians are diagnosed with blood cancers and another 10000 children are born with diseases like Thalassemia. They can hope for a 60 to 80% chance of cure, if they find matching stem cell donors. The chance of finding a donor in the family is less than 30%. The match is highly ethnicity dependent and hence the chance of finding a match in an Indian registry is over 70%.. Stem Cells from donated cord blood can help children with a body weight less than 30 Kg. Other patients will need a larger number of cells and that can only be obtained from a donor either as Peripheral Blood Stem Cell (PBSC) donation or Bone Marrow Donation. Bone Marrow Registry is a database of potential stem cell donors, whose Human Leucocyte Antigen (HLA) is typed by Jeevan and stored in a server. When a patient needs a donor, the matching donor is identified from the database. He / she is then counseled, medically examined and then encouraged to donate stem cells. These stem cells are used for the treatment of patients.

Min. Amount: 
₹1000.00
Donation: 
Donation medium: 
Direct
Online Donation Link: 
Collect donation using this medium: 
Picture: 
Cause: 
15
Donate thru: 
0
Start date: 
Saturday, June 13, 2020 to Monday, August 31, 2020
Type: 
Donation Likely to be matched?: 
Display on home page: 
Cid: 
5885
Programme Location: 
Tamil Nadu
Approve for Listing: 
Yes